Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Tree hunting


We took the kids up to the mountains last night to cut a Christmas tree. The weather couldn't have been better, we needed coats, but it wasn't bitter or anything. The kids quickly discovered that the trees that you get in the forest aren't exactly like trees that you get at Home Depot. "They have feelings, my friend." No, really, trees in the forest usually grow in groves and in pairs. When you see a beautiful tree, most likely it is two trees growing together, so that if you cut down one, you essentially get a half of a tree. (We decided that next year maybe we should get two permits and finding a tree would be a peice of cake.) Finally Israel and Elijah found our perfect tree. We brought it home and decorated it.
I love Christmas!

3 comments:

IandS said...

I love the eyes:) We put up our tree yesterday and the boys and I decorated it today. I wanted a real tree but we decided that we are too broke this year and have our old fake one instead. Next year I'm hoping we can go up to the mountains too...

morganspice said...

Yeah I think if I am not mistaken they are probably male and female growing like that. So was someone widowed or widowered?

Anonymous said...

Your tree has eyes :) What a concept. We got a real one too, but from Lowe's, not from the forest. We thought about it, but couldn't think of a time when we could possibly fit it in. Besides, I don't feel so bad throwing away one I didn't kill. Same concept as eating KFC, I suppose...